Monday, August 24, 2026

Other Makes: CollectA Animals

Sorry for the shorter post today - as usual, I am running up against post time, made worse by the rapidly-increasing encroachment of work into my non-work hours. It’s go time on our health record transfer, so I expect to have less free time than usual until at least December, unfortunately.

Back in January's Singles Bar post, when I talked about Diwali, I mentioned my love of cows. I definitely don’t go crazy with collecting model cows like I do model horses, and thank goodness for that - they’d have to live with my floorses, and what the heck would I call floor cows? “Flows” with a short o?
 
 
These are CollectA cows, #88482 Friesian Bull, #88481 Friesian Cow, and #88483 Friesian Calf. They happened to already be sitting in my cart when it came time for the BreyerFest Second Chance sale in 2023. Stuff sells out quick during the Second Chance sales, so once I chucked my Speos and Stagecoach Surprise in my cart and went to check out, and saw they were already there, I didn’t bother taking the time to remove them.
 
They are my only other cow models besides Diwali.
 
 
I don't think anyone will be shocked by this one appearing in my collection. It's got quite the issue name, #88491 Three-Colour House Cat Stretching. I ordered it from Breyer in May 2022 so my web special Kingfisher would be double-boxed.
 
Funnily enough, I almost forgot about the cat for this post. At 4:52, I frantically ran upstairs to grab it for a picture. My boyfriend wanted to ask me something, but I said, "Gotta get this photographed and written and published before 5:00 or I'm in trouble!" He goes, "What, is your publisher going to fire you?" I said, "Well, I'm both the author and the publisher, so I guess I'd have to fire myself!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment