This post was supposed to go up on Saturday, but life got in the way a lot last week, so today’s bonus post is getting shuffled to another month and I’m playing catch-up on my Singles Bar series.
I have made the difficult decision to suspend the blog for October, except perhaps sneaking in a “Hey, it’s been a whole year of blogging” recap toward the end of the month. In spite of my careful planning and photo-taking, the blog is already too much to keep up with due to everything going on at work and some new developments in my personal life that are going to require a lot of attention and emotional energy for the time being. (As evidenced by missing Saturday’s post, and this one taking me an hour to write because my brain just wouldn't brain.) Something’s gotta give, and unfortunately this is where the give has to happen.
For now, enjoy my singletons on molds starting with G and H. I’m going to save my oldest model for last because she’s a sentimental favorite, but the rest will be in order of acquisition, as usual.
I have made the difficult decision to suspend the blog for October, except perhaps sneaking in a “Hey, it’s been a whole year of blogging” recap toward the end of the month. In spite of my careful planning and photo-taking, the blog is already too much to keep up with due to everything going on at work and some new developments in my personal life that are going to require a lot of attention and emotional energy for the time being. (As evidenced by missing Saturday’s post, and this one taking me an hour to write because my brain just wouldn't brain.) Something’s gotta give, and unfortunately this is where the give has to happen.
For now, enjoy my singletons on molds starting with G and H. I’m going to save my oldest model for last because she’s a sentimental favorite, but the rest will be in order of acquisition, as usual.
My only Hanoverian at the moment is #951 Borodino II, a regular run from 1996-1997. I don’t have an exact purchase date, but I suspect it was sometime in 1996, since he doesn’t have the creepy lizard eyes that the early 1997 models did.
I don’t have any Hanoverians on my wish list, so he’s likely to be a loner for awhile.
I don’t have any Hanoverians on my wish list, so he’s likely to be a loner for awhile.
This is #88719 Hanoverian Mare - Bay. She’s a CollectA and was given to me as a Christmas gift from my parents in 2015.
She has only been issued in this color so far, so she’ll be a loner til they try a new paint scheme on her.
She has only been issued in this color so far, so she’ll be a loner til they try a new paint scheme on her.
This cute little pony is #1238 Donner, a regular run from 2004-2005 on the Haflinger mold. I’ve always loved this release for his shaded red bay color (shocking) but it took me quite awhile to acquire one. He joined my collection on 5/2/2019, when I decided to stop at an antique store in eastern Ohio on my way to Stone Horse Country Fair for the Paint Your Own event. The antique store had been a Breyer dealer in the past so they had a lot of NIB stuff. He was pretty high up on one of the shelves; I had to ask for assistance in getting him down.
The only obtainable Haflinger on my wish list is RDA Strikey. I’ve seen several for sale at the CHIN over the years, but they’ve either been damaged or had fish scale dapples. I can wait for the right one to come my way; Donner told me he's just fine hanging out on the shelf next to my Indian Ponies. Unobtainium Haflingers on my wish list include Sceptre and Cavalcade, both prize models from past BreyerFests who will likely be outside my budget forever.
The only obtainable Haflinger on my wish list is RDA Strikey. I’ve seen several for sale at the CHIN over the years, but they’ve either been damaged or had fish scale dapples. I can wait for the right one to come my way; Donner told me he's just fine hanging out on the shelf next to my Indian Ponies. Unobtainium Haflingers on my wish list include Sceptre and Cavalcade, both prize models from past BreyerFests who will likely be outside my budget forever.
This is Whippletree from the #711268 Best of BreyerFest Series 4 set, a run of 2000 pieces in 2023. I bought the set from the Breyer store during BreyerFest. I think the Giorgio Stablemate (the mini version of the Traditional-sized Georg) is super cute, so Whippletree won’t be by himself for long.
My volunteer Georg, #B-EV-10781 Vegvisir, just got his turn in the spotlight in late July, so you can read more about him there. He’s super fun and has no eyes!
The only Georg on my wishlist is the original release from the Premier Club, and he’s another one of those “I’m waiting for the right one to find me” models.
The only Georg on my wishlist is the original release from the Premier Club, and he’s another one of those “I’m waiting for the right one to find me” models.
Saved the best for last.
My only Halla is #820 Noble Jumper, a regular run from 1990-1991. I don’t have a purchase date on her, but she is without a doubt one of the first models I acquired after starting my collection with the JCPenney sets for Christmas in December 1990. She was discontinued after 1991 and would have been harder to find after that, and I definitely had her before September 1992, when I photographed my collection for the first time, so I know she’s one of the models I’ve had the longest.
The Halla mold has never really wowed me, but something about this girl has always resonated. I’m super sentimental about her; I just love her.
Back in 2023, during our second rendition of Are You Kitten Me Live, I was the judge for Traditional/Classic Breyer. We had several clinky cats that we were using as Judge’s Choice awards that year, to hand out however we saw fit.
My Judge’s Choice award that day went to a Noble Jumper. I couldn’t pin her in the class, but I loved that someone brought her along and stuck her on the table. I announced the award and everything, and thanked the shower for bringing her out.
Please think good thoughts for me as we roll out the new health record for the rest of the organization at work on October 3 ... and if you could spare some good vibes for a family member with a health issue, I’d sure appreciate that as well.
Catch yinz on the flip side.
My only Halla is #820 Noble Jumper, a regular run from 1990-1991. I don’t have a purchase date on her, but she is without a doubt one of the first models I acquired after starting my collection with the JCPenney sets for Christmas in December 1990. She was discontinued after 1991 and would have been harder to find after that, and I definitely had her before September 1992, when I photographed my collection for the first time, so I know she’s one of the models I’ve had the longest.
The Halla mold has never really wowed me, but something about this girl has always resonated. I’m super sentimental about her; I just love her.
Back in 2023, during our second rendition of Are You Kitten Me Live, I was the judge for Traditional/Classic Breyer. We had several clinky cats that we were using as Judge’s Choice awards that year, to hand out however we saw fit.
My Judge’s Choice award that day went to a Noble Jumper. I couldn’t pin her in the class, but I loved that someone brought her along and stuck her on the table. I announced the award and everything, and thanked the shower for bringing her out.
Please think good thoughts for me as we roll out the new health record for the rest of the organization at work on October 3 ... and if you could spare some good vibes for a family member with a health issue, I’d sure appreciate that as well.
Catch yinz on the flip side.






No comments:
Post a Comment