In last month’s On a Regular Basis post, I talked about my Traditional regular run models that were first released in 1992 - one of my favorite years of new releases to date. Here are the Classics.
This little dude, #480 Mesteno, a regular run from 1992-1998, spawned a ridiculous number of conga lines. As in, every Mesteno series mold. Literally every one. I conga them all.
Like many of my early models, I don’t know when or where I got him. I took my first collection photos in September 1992, but for some reason, I only got the Traditionals. My Classics and Paddock Pals are nowhere to be found in those photos. I was really excited about the Mesteno the Messenger series, so I think I probably snagged him early in 1992, but we'll never know for sure.
Like many of my early models, I don’t know when or where I got him. I took my first collection photos in September 1992, but for some reason, I only got the Traditionals. My Classics and Paddock Pals are nowhere to be found in those photos. I was really excited about the Mesteno the Messenger series, so I think I probably snagged him early in 1992, but we'll never know for sure.
#3056 Desert Arabian Family was produced from 1992-1994. Having already fallen solidly in love with the CAS (and falling more and more in love with the CAM and CAF, too), I of course had to have this set. And, well, they’re all bay things, so yeah.
Like Mesteno, I’m not certain where or when I got them. I definitely obtained the 1993 Drinkers of the Wind TRU set prior to getting the Desert Arabian Family, though - I have distinct memories of my black JCP and gray Drinkers CASs leading a band of horses galloping across one of my shelves, and I would have put the bay CAS right up there with them if I'd had one at the time. I'm guessing I didn't get these guys til later in1993 or sometime in 1994.
Like Mesteno, I’m not certain where or when I got them. I definitely obtained the 1993 Drinkers of the Wind TRU set prior to getting the Desert Arabian Family, though - I have distinct memories of my black JCP and gray Drinkers CASs leading a band of horses galloping across one of my shelves, and I would have put the bay CAS right up there with them if I'd had one at the time. I'm guessing I didn't get these guys til later in1993 or sometime in 1994.
The #3346 Hanoverian Family made my wish list for quite a long time, but I never managed to acquire them in my childhood. Cue room sales, BreyerFest 2012, where there they were, complete with their box. They were $3 apiece and the box was free. (I wanted to have the box in the photos also, but it’s currently buried in the horse room closet, and there are floorses in front of said closet, and I’m not moving everyone just to take a picture of a box.)
I didn’t write down the room number of where I bought them (I never do) but somehow my friend Ellen V. is coming to mind. I’ll have to ask her if she remembers selling this set at BreyerFest. She has a great memory for those things - she remembered selling me a 1988 Kentucky Derby glass at one of my first BreyerFests. Though that was probably because I ugly cried in her room when I bought it. It was a replacement for one my grandma had given to me in my childhood, that I had accidentally broken shortly after she died in 2004.
Having been such a fan of the 1992 new releases, I have already acquired most of the ones I want. The only one I’m still looking for is the #3347 Trakehner Family.
Having been such a fan of the 1992 new releases, I have already acquired most of the ones I want. The only one I’m still looking for is the #3347 Trakehner Family.









Crying from happiness at BFest oughtta be on that bingo card [of BF activities].
ReplyDelete