BreyerFest 2026 has concluded, and of the 17 I've attended (including the virtual ones in 2020 and 2021), this was the best one by a lot. I already had today's post written and scheduled before I left for BreyerFest, so I'm going to let it hit the airwaves, but the rest of the month will be spent recapping what an amazing time I had at BreyerFest and the (cough cough, holy crap, just how much did I buy?!) models I brought home with me.
I was initially going to use this post to show you the decorator Special Run models I’ve purchased at previous BreyerFests. However, four of the five I already had are either blue or rainbow, and I’ve already talked about those. Wanderer from this year is still buried in a bin in my dining room. Hence, the Pharaoh Sham gets the blog all to himself today. [And I’m gonna have to correct my spelling of his name every single time, because after 11 years of typing American Pharoah’s misspelled name, it’s just become a habit to spell it wrong.]
#711058 Pharaoh was a run of 1050 pieces for BreyerFest 2008. I didn’t start attending BreyerFest til 2010, so I wasn’t able to buy him myself from the tent line, but he was on my list of models to look for at the CHIN during room sales. I needed him for my Sham conga, and I’ve always been slightly obsessed with ancient Egypt, so I thought he was really neat.
At that first BreyerFest in 2010, I didn’t find one on Thursday night at the CHIN, but that ended up being fine, because there in the Breyer store on Friday was a bin of new-in-bag Pharaohs, priced at $40. He must not have been real popular, because that was $10 less than his issue price at BreyerFest 2008. I happily snagged one. I’m even happier now, sixteen years later, because his price has gone up a lot, and the last couple on eBay have sold for over $300 each!
At that first BreyerFest in 2010, I didn’t find one on Thursday night at the CHIN, but that ended up being fine, because there in the Breyer store on Friday was a bin of new-in-bag Pharaohs, priced at $40. He must not have been real popular, because that was $10 less than his issue price at BreyerFest 2008. I happily snagged one. I’m even happier now, sixteen years later, because his price has gone up a lot, and the last couple on eBay have sold for over $300 each!
He's been shown once or twice; his show name is Glyph.
I cannot WAIT to show yinz what happened at BreyerFest this year. Stay tuned!

My Pharaoh Sham was also from the store in 2010! That was my first Fest in about 7 years and I went a little nuts buying models. This is my only Sham and he's stayed in my collection all this time.
ReplyDeleteAww yay! We were both lucky to snag one that year! Loved seeing you at BreyerFest as well!
DeleteThat is a perfect name for this horse. Congratulations! He's unique, which for Breyer is unusual, I think.
ReplyDeleteWell I know one big thing that happened for you at BF this year!
ReplyDelete