As much as I've tried to pare down my Stablemates over the years, they just keep finding their way in.
I'm also afraid I've fallen back in love with showing them, so I get the feeling that trend will continue.
Here are the Stablemates I brought home from BreyerFest this year.
*****
For the first time ever, this year's All
Access tickets came with a Single Day Stablemate if you ordered before a
certain date, so that was kinda cool. I had three tickets this year,
two of which were purchased before the deadline, so I got two
Stablemates. I was one of those folks
who was beyond excited when they released silhouettes of the molds ...
and one of those folks who went, "Really?" when they were revealed. I
was hoping for realistic colors, but oh well.
By
the time we got to the model pickup tents on Friday, the most popular
Stablemate by far, Helsinki on the Django mold, was long gone, but I was
okay with that. He's pretty, and I'll probably acquire one someday, but
he wasn't a must-have for this year.
I chose #B-E-10762 Keflavik because I think the mold is super cute.
#B-EV-10762 Uppsala was an obvious choice - my boyfriend is Swedish, and I must have all of the mini-sized Semi-Rearing Mustangs. I do wish they'd done the colors reversed, though - blue on the edges with gold in the middle, like the flag. Oh well.
This series has become one of my favorite things about BreyerFest event models. It's called Best of BreyerFest and features five Stablemate models painted like Traditional rarities from previous years. This year's set, #B-EV-10765, seventh in the series, featured rarities from the 2008 BreyerFest - in order, Capri, the Early Bird model; Calabria, the Open Show overall reserve champion prize model; Totsi, the volunteer model; Seren, the Diorama contest prize model; and Monaco, the Open Show overall grand champion prize model.
I have the six sets that came before this one, and will continue buying them as long as they make them. I just think it's a really cool concept, and I'll never own the large counterparts, so why not?
On Sunday, as we were chumming around in the Covered Arena, a friend came up and whispered to us that there were Warehouse Find Stablemates by the registers in the Breyer store. So of course we went to check them out. They all had the same issue number - B-BF-10246.
Last but certainly not least - I followed through on my horrible pun from my June Pride series and started working my way toward a full spectrum of Kaleidoscopes.
I
walked into my friend Shannon's room and this guy immediately yelled,
"BUY ME!" I temporarily ignored his yelling in favor of snapping a
picture and then heading back to my room to look at my laptop photos to
make sure he was as different from my original as I thought.
He was, so I went right back to buy him. He's so much more rainbow than my original guy (on the left in both photos)! I love the variations on this run so much!
On Saturday, I'll talk about my Special Runs and one LE who just didn't really fit anywhere else. Monday will be ... drumroll please ... my raffle model! (Eeeeeeeee!) I'll close out July with my 2026 volunteer model and a recap of one of my favorite aspects of BreyerFest - the kids' show.














No comments:
Post a Comment